In 2013 Aruba Ports Authority N.V. announced that they were ready to begin Aruba’s US $62 million dollar project to Design, Build, Finance, Maintain, Operate, and Transfer the Multi-Cargo Sea Terminal at Barcadera.
The contract was awarded to the local stevedoring company Aruba Stevedoring Company (ASTEC) NV. The project will be implemented as a Public Private Partnership (PPP) under the Landlord Model. The concessionaire will be responsible for the investments in terminal infrastructure, labor, and operational activities.
The port’s vision is to realize a project with guaranteed sustainability. This project is thus of vital importance for diversification of Aruba’s economy and its future growth.
- Port operator: Aruba Ports Authority N.V.
- Pilot boarding grounds: Latitude 12° 28.5′ N; longitude 70° 01′ W
- Range lights: 093° (from sea)
- Tidal Range and Flow: 4m
- Time Zone: GMT -4
- Navigation Charts: BA Charts 702 & 1412
- Contact: Aruba Ports Authority VHF CHNL 16 and/or 11
- Emergency numbers: 5821740 coast station / 911
- Width of harbor entrance:3 Mtrs
- Width of harbor: 300 Mtrs
- Depth: 97
- Turning Basin: 300 Mtrs